The Institute for Advanced Study offers financial support for invited speakers participating in the workshop. Please refer to the following guidelines defined by the TUM-IAS, in accordance with the statutes of the German Research Foundation (DFG).
The TUM-IAS will be glad to take care of your hotel reservation. We have made preliminary reservations of 3 nights (October 27-30, 2019) in a single room in a hotel to be announced soon. You just have to check in and out at the hotel, the invoice will be paid directly by the TUM-IAS. This includes the costs of a maximum of 3 nights in a single room including breakfast; optional additional costs such as the use of the minibar etc. would be billed to you upon departure.
Reimbursement of travel expenses
In the section below, we would like to give you a brief overview on the reimbursement policy of the TUM-IAS.
The following expenses can be reimbursed
- flight, train (economy/2nd class) between the home institution and Munich
- local public transport tickets (only for the transport hotel – workshop location)
- taxi costs (only for the transfer airport – workshop location)
- traveling by personal car: for this, your expenses will be reimbursed on a basis of € 0,20 for each kilometer you have covered. Please attach a Google maps printout.
Unfortunately TUM-IAS cannot reimburse
- first class or business class flights
- first class train tickets
- travelling and accommodation expenses for additional persons
- food or restaurant bills and personal expenses
- tips (e.g. taxi)
Please be sure to retain all original receipts as well as any boarding passes to hand them in together with your reimbursement form (attached below). Please also fill in and sign the attached tax declaration form.